|dress: Fred Meyer :: clogs : Target :: ring: Icing ::|
feather earrings: Forever 21
Taking pictures indoors (and with the tripod/self-timer) is much, much harder than I thought it would be. Add my impatience to my inexperience, and you've got some out of focus, sometimes wonky photos.
Whenever I don't want to be bothered to think of what to wear, I grab the closest, most comfy dress I have in my closet. I have quite a few jersey dresses that I like to rotate. This black dress was sitting in my to-donate pile, when I realized that it would be perfect to just lounge in at home. I had placed this dress in that pile for a few reasons:
1. The flared sleeves make it too hot to wear in the summer and make me look witchy.
2. The midi length of the skirt wasn't too flattering on my body shape and height.
3. The neckline was too low for my taste to teach in.
After sitting in the pile for about 2 months, I've refocused my attention to the positives of this dress:
1. It's jersey. Comfy and very breathable.
2. It makes me look witchy. (Clearly, my aesthetic has changed...)
3. The neckline is perfect for super hot weather.
Though I'm still not a fan of the length, wearing the dress with heels actually helps.
What do you usually wear on casual, lounge-y days? Do you have an article of clothing that you were set to give away or throw out but then saw potential in later?