Sorry, folks, no Outfit photo today since the fon fon ru and I spent the whole weekend at home, mostly playing video games, but I also took a lot of time cooking.
You'll have to settle for my face.
I was feeling a little vintage pin-up, a little 50s housewife over the weekend, so I decided on wearing red lipstick while going on about with my daily chores. Since I wasn't going out, I decided to use mineral makeup/powder instead of liquid/cream foundation. I was pleasantly surprised at the coverage! The secret to making powder work is really just blending. A dense, fluffy brush will do the trick.
1. BASE: ELF Complexion Perfection Powder. All 4 colors swirled together and applied to face.
2. COVERAGE: Physician's Formula Organic Wear Powder. All 3 shades blended together then applied to face.
3. BLUSH: Hello Kitty "Memoirs of a Geisha" blush in coral.
4. EYES: Physician's Formula "Baked Smokes" eyeshadow. I used the 2 darker colors.
MASCARA: Rimmel "Max Volume Flash" mascara. 2 coats.
5. LINER: N.Y.C. lip liner pencil 957A. To prevent the lipcolor running.
LIPSTICK: Arissa in Fever
I am not much for summer heat and sun, but I do love the bounty of produce the season avails me. This weekend, I made a pot of tomato sauce from the first batch of tomatoes and basil from my own garden! They're no San Marzanos, but oh! was the sauce mighty tasty. I also made some corn chowder, chocolate chip scones, and a lovely pot of peach crumble. When I want to, I can be a pretty darn good housekeeper.
How was your weekend?