A couple of months ago, I colored my hair back to a dark brown since I was getting really iffy about seeing my roots. My hair has been growing a lot faster these days, and I just didn’t like the mismatched facial/head hair look. At the same time, I won 4 Ojon Color Sustain products from Sephora’s blog “Beauty and the Blog.” I got a shampoo, conditioner, color protecting cream, and a hairspray. And you best be believing I put these babies to work after I ripped them from the box.
The products claim to “preserve color vibrancy and shine” and contain Tahitian Monoi oil that has been used to keep hair silky and smooth. I’ve been using all four products non-stop, for about a month and a half, instead of those I normally use. Here is my honest review about them.
- · The color of my hair stayed vibrant and shiny.
- · The scent of the products is really lovely and pleasant. Not heavy or too cloyingly sweet.
- · I love that there is a whole system ranging from shampoo to hair spray. It’s easier to just pick what you need from one line.
- · The consistency of the conditioner is really thick and really nourishes and softens my hair.
- · The hairspray gives a light hold and doesn’t leave those disgusting crusty flecks after application.
- · When using the shampoo and conditioner, I feel like I need a lot more product because the formula doesn’t seem to lather as much and my scalp doesn’t feel as clean after one application.
- · I noticed that I needed to wash my hair EVERYDAY because my scalp gets oilier quicker. My hair is really thick and dense, so I normally wash it every other day. But with this system, I had to wash it every single day.
- · I don’t like the Color Protecting Cream at all. The consistency is really wet and runny, like a too-oily serum mixed with some cream. Any amount, no matter how miniscule, made my hair too oily and heavy-feeling.
|My hair right after shampoo, conditioner, and cream.|
On the whole, I think that the products really just don't work with my hair type. I have typical Asian hair, thick and a bit coarse. I usually wash my hair every other day because it gets oily, absorbs odors, and gets dirty quickly. It's a shame because with these products, my hair was really shiny and the color remained vibrant.