To get my toes wet into the whole subscription service thang, I signed up for ipsy. If you're unfamiliar with ipsy, it's Michelle Phan's company that delivers a bag of selected full-sized beauty products to your door every month. All for $10 a month. And that's with shipping. A total deal, and it doesn't disappoint!
Here's what I saw when I opened the hot pink mailer:
1. Big Sexy Hair Spray and Play- travel size $6.00 retail
-I've used this before, and it's a great hair spray with good hold. I love travel sizes, too because I can just slip this in my purse for instant poof action.
2. Nailtini Nail Lacquer in red- $13.00 retail
- Meh product for me. I liked that I got a beautiful classic red color, but there wasn't really anything that stood out for me consistency-wise and how long the polish lasts.
3. Josie Maran Argan Oil $14.00 retail
- The gem in my bag. I've always used argan oil for my hair, but didn't know it was also OK to use on my face. I've been using this everyday for the past week now underneath my sunscreen. It doesn't break me out at all and leaves my skin soft and very smooth.
4. Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange Body Butter $7.00 retail
- OH MY GOSH BLOOD ORANGE. I love this scent. It's a combination of raspberries, spicy mandarin oranges, and blood orange. Plus, it's smooth, rich, and creamy but not greasy at all.
5. SOHO eyeliner brush $7.99 retail
-I don't use powder shadows by themselves to line my eyes, so I've never used a brush like this before. I kind've like it. It produces less intense lines and is more conducive to blending and smudging the colors.
On the whole, I'm pretty impressed with what I got in my bag, and I'm looking forward to getting my bag next month. Do you have beauty box/bag subscriptions?