Motivation can be found in the most mundane of phrases. And the simpler they are, I think the more genuine they feel. Lately, I've been telling myself to "work hard & be nice." Simple? Yes. But these five words have an impelling power over me more than any quote that has come out of the mouth of any writer, painter, mogul, or celebrity ever. Work Hard & be nice.
Inspired by Sarah, I decided to list some goals that I've had brewing in my head for a while now, but never really wrote out. Hopefully, airing them out in public will be even more motivation to work hard at accomplishing these goals.
1. Manage my time more wisely// Working from home has its perks : I get to be in my jammies, I set my own hours, I do whatever I want to do. Working from home also has its downfalls, which are pretty much the same exact ones I've listed above. I need to set and follow a schedule that will keep me on track.
2. Do at least 2 craft shows before May// This is a complicated bugger. There are lots of sub-goals to this mega goal, most of which involve making more product. And that is tied to goal #1. I may be golden once I figure out how to add more hours to a day.
3. Vlogging// I am not ashamed to say that I have no idea how to edit videos. Or how to record them. I promise to at least learn how to get over my "valley girl voice" insecurity.
4. Be nicer// Probably the most difficult goal of all. If you don't really know me, I'm pretty sure you think I'm all "Hellfire and Satan, bitchiness to the nth degree." I snap a lot, yes, and I can be a bit curt. So I need to work on being more approachable. I also need to stop declaring how much I "hate" (even though I don't mean it) a lot of things even though the compunction to do so is pretty much innate.
5. Be Agressive// And stop doubting myself. Be murderous on purpose. Like Columbus. Just kidding.